Revolutionary Women: 50 Women of Color Who Reinvented the Rules
Revolutionary Women celebrates the amazing stories of 50 women of color who pushed boundaries, rewrote the rules, and inspired women everywhere to follow in their footsteps.
Discover the remarkable true stories of a diverse group of women who were trailblazers and leaders in their field, becoming visible icons of excellence in their communities and beyond. From making their mark on the big screen and in the halls of NASA to ruling on the courts of the US Open and the Supreme Court, their incredible stories will inspire you to embrace your authentic self and live your life in full color.
For fans of Ann Shen's beloved Bad Girls Throughout History, this spiritual successor celebrates the accomplishments of these incredible women alongside Ann Shen's signature artwork. From dancers, actors, and singers to scientists, astronauts, politicians, and activists, these women used their voices and their passions to change the world. They include:
• Gloria Estefan, one of the best-selling female music artists of all time.
• Anna Sui, an iconic fashion designer for over four decades.
• Bessie Stringfield, the motorcycle queen of Miami.
• Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the youngest woman ever sworn into Congress.
• Misty Copeland, the first Black woman principal dancer at American Ballet Theater.
• Joyce Chen, the first Chinese celebrity chef.
Revolutionary Women captures their extraordinary stories in a beautiful and inspiring format that elevates their achievements. Readers will love the new take on Ann Shen's beloved first book, as well as the uplifting stories, beautiful and rich art, and the inspiration for readers to forge their own paths.
BEAUTIFUL GIFT: This book combines fun and colorful illustrations with important history through the lens of intersectional feminism, celebrating women of color for the amazing things they accomplished, appealing to people of all ages and genders.
• Customers who also bought BAD GIRLS THROUGHOUT HISTORY or LEGENDARY LADIES
• Fans of Fashion, Art, and History
• Self-Proclaimed Feminists
Praise for Revolutionary Women: 50 Women of Color Who Reinvented the Rules
"Stylish graphics and vibrant gouache portraits complement the book’s impressive range of profile subjects, including drag queens, engineers, and athletes. This is a fitting tribute to women whose achievements and struggles deserve to be better known."?—Publishers Weekly